TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No standby light and unable to turn on my rear projection tv…

Customer Question
No standby light and unable...
No standby light and unable to turn on my rear projection tv (9 years old this month)
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/29/2010
TV Technician: Gina King,
 replied 8 years ago
Gina King

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
JustAnswer Moderator
I have a nine year old Hitachi Rear Projection large screen TV. It will not turn on and does not display a red standby light. Have plugged it in to other power source and still not working. Do I take it to the tip or hopefully find a technician to fix it?
TV Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 8 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
Did it have a good pix before this happened?
What is the model number
Hi there,
Yes picture was great absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Model number is XXXXX or SMIB00158
does not look like hitachi model number
something like 46FDX20B .........

The number provided is on the front of the manual C46-F200
Look on back of the tv where you hook stuff up
what is the number there?
Just looked on metal plate on rear of tv.
C46-F200
I am not framilair with this model at all
this is a rear projection tv?
This is one strange tv
not sure if this is a crt or lamp based
let me check HITACHI tommarow from the shop and I will get a manual
Definately rear projection tv purchased new nine years ago
Is there anywhere else I should look? Maybe under specifications in the manual!
yeah see if it is a CRT rear projection or an LCD rear projection
I can't find anything in specifications that mentions LCD . It does say - Multi System Projection TV (magic focus, Auto Digital Convergence.)
ok it has to be a rear projection crt tv if it has converegnce that is the clue
if you unplug the tv
does it try to turn on when you plug it back in ?
clicks?
lights?
it was just a loose solder....call out fee $132....per 15 mins $44 total $176........a little dollop of liquid metal to save a $4200 t.v........hilarious................thanks for your time anthony.........robyn
That is a good price for that repair
Glad you got it fixed
Thanks for using JA

Edited by Anthony's TV on 7/5/2010 at 2:46 PM EST