TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My insignia tv just stopped working. The little blue pwr.

Customer Question
My insignia tv just stopped...
My insignia tv just stopped working. The little blue pwr. light is on but I get no picture and I don't hear anything like the tv is even trying to turn on. Why is this happening?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/29/2010
TV Technician: 25 Year Electronic Tech, Technician replied 8 years ago
25 Year Electronic Tech

JACUSTOMER,

Good evening,

I would suggest to unplug from main wall power and let sit for at least ten minutes, over night is sometimes required, this resets the internal microprocessor. If still no luck, and there is no indications when the power button is pressed then I would guess there is a power supply problem. Please let me know.

Thank you

I left it unplugged for over a week and still no luck. I was told lightening could have hit it but I was out of town. There was a piece that was fried on my directtv cables, could that be it? No surge protector but lamp still works that was plugged into same outlet

If you did have a power surge it, in most cases will damage electronic circuits before it will damage a lamp. If your direct tv was damaged it is very likely the tv power supply is damaged. Kind of hard to say for sure without testing the power supply unit. Might need to have an electronic tech take a look at it. Let me know.

Thank you