TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

screen turns red picture turns off along with remote sensor.

Customer Question
I still have sound but...
screen turns red picture turns off along with remote sensor. I still have sound but have to unplug tv to reboot. lamp light flashs but nothing happens for 34 flashes tv shuts off turns on and tries to reboot again with no success. I have to unplug tv let cool and retry. process starts all over again.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/28/2010
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

have you any Television electronics experience? if not A family/friend with electronics skills that can help you out.

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, so time isn't a problem in repairs?

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied,

When you have a video problem with a DLP and it's on ALL inputs you have a bad DMD module which is connected on the engine assembly. If not on all inputs then check your signal/box. Check with manufacturer and the list below to price a DMD and also engine, if the price isn't far off you should get the engine because it will come with a DMD module on it. But you can try an old trick use a can of cold spray on the DMD board and see if any caps are leaking; the picture should have a response to the change in temperature if this board is bad, and also on the digital board. These are some part store more pictures of DMD

To be honest this is an expensive repair, until something like a kit is invented, the great news is there are companies that rebuild engines.

And try below and see how much to rebuild it.

Contact authorized center they will check serial number you may still be covered by the manufacturer and not know it.

www.partstore.com

www.mcmelectronics.com

www.encompassparts.com

And this one rebuilds board's very helpful company

www.PTSCORP.COM and TriState or click here

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts on trying to help you save on those large labor charges are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Thanks.

And also manuals sites

www.free-service-manuals.com

www.s100-manuals.com

www.eserviceinfo.com