TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV is 4 years old. Just recently when I turn it on, it…

Customer Question
My TV is 4 years...
My TV is 4 years old. Just recently when I turn it on, it gets stuck on settings and takes about 45 minutes of pushing "menu" to get it to stay on a picture. What can I do to fix this extremely annoying problem?
Jeanne
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/28/2010
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome

Firstly make sure its a /37 and not a /37B Then go here and upgrade the firmware

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=US&slg=AEN&sct=LCD_TV_SU&cat=TV_CA&session=20100628193031_82.42.34.234&grp=SOUND_AND_VISION_GR&ctn=32PF9630A/37&mid=Link_Software&hlt=Link_Software

Read the "how to" carefully and follow the guidance to the letter

This will stop this annoying issue

Many Thanks

Anthony

I cannot open the autorun portion, so I just downloaded it to my stick drive. Is this going to work when I plug it into my TV? Do I download the other readme file to the stick too?
Relist: I will call someone I can talk too. The software/firmware upgrade was not recogonized by my TV and I am too frustrated to try something else. Please do not charge my account as your advice did not work and I will refute the charges if you do..
I will call someone I can talk too. The software/firmware upgrade was not recogonized by my TV and I am too frustrated to try something else. Please do not charge my account as your advice did not work and I will refute the charges if you do.

Hello again

I cant give you lessons I'm afraid in upgrading the firmware on your set, Philips have the firmware in the public domain so obviously many people are doing this right and I have had this issue before, the only thing I didnt tell you here is because of the menu popping up you have to keep trying until the firmware takes you need a window of opportunity

Once the firmware is loaded the annoyance will stop, the "how to" is very clear so theirs little else I can add, this is a Philips necessary upgrade so my answer is perfectly correct

Anthony