TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

i have a three year old samsung plasma 52 tv, it goes black…

Customer Question
i have a three year...
i have a three year old samsung plasma 52 " tv, it goes black and still has sound??? How do i sort this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/28/2010
TV Technician: James, Technician replied 8 years ago
James, Technician
Hi There,

Does it always go black ? Does it always take the same amount of time to go black?

Can it be temporarily fixed by turning the set off and on again ?

Yeah it always goes black, no it doesnt always take the same amount of time and yes it is temporarily fixed by switching it off and then on again
Hi There,

It sounds like either the inverter board which powers the backlight, or the power supply which powers the inverter board is faulty.

Are you wanting to fix this problem at home or are you just wanting to know how much it would cost to repair ?

Are you comfortable working with electronics ?

can you give me the answer to both please
Hi There,

Could you provide me with the model number of the unit please ? It should be on the rear of the unit near the power cable inlet.

the full details are sp5ol7hxxixeu
type at5ol7
is anyone helping?
Hi There,

Are you sure you have the model number correct, I've searched extensively and have been unable to find anything with this number.

SP50L7HX
Hi There,

Your SP50L7HX is actually a rear projection set, not a plasma as you initially mentioned. I'm going to opt-out and let another expert answer the question, ignore my previous advise as it was meant for a different type of set.