TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

we have a LG 4ch tv and the screen has gone partly black and…

Customer Question
we have a LG 48...
we have a LG 48 inch tv and the screen has gone partly black and the picture has faded and gone dark, the sound is still working. do you know if this can be fixed.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/29/2010
TV Technician: ProTV and Audio, Sr Engineering Tech replied 8 years ago
ProTV and Audio
ProTV and Audio, Sr Engineering Tech

Dear JA customer,

Thank you for your Just Answer question.

So that I may further assist you, I need some additional information.

Are all inputs, and the Menu effected by the dim screen?

Thanks

dear expert,

yes they are my husband thinks the screen has gone.

kind regards

louise

Thank you

Although the PDP is always a possibility, other faults should be considered first. In your particular case the Z & Y Sustain Boards are suspect. An experienced technician would verify the Power Supply voltages an then change the Z & Y Sustain as necessary.

You can view a picture of the Z Sustain and Y Sustain here.

Thank you for using JA.

We work on a commission as part of the deposit value, and welcome the opportunity to answer your question. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well as bonuses.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please click ACCEPT, thanks again.

Edited by ProTV and Audio on 6/29/2010 at 1:19 PM EST