TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Blue-purple wavy line on bottom of screen

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/28/2010
TV Technician: Gina King,
 replied 8 years ago
Gina King

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
JustAnswer Moderator
There is a blue-purple wavy line on the bottom right to middle side of the picture - It is 1/2 to 2 inches in heighth.
TV Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 8 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
what is the make and model of the tv?
Make is Sony.
PTV 42
Purchased !/24/2006
PTV 42?
This is not a good model number
Something like this
KP42XXXXX

or KDF XXXXXX

KP42WS510
KDFE42A10 Hope this helps
yeah
this is an optical engine based tv
any issue like you have is a burned polorizer filter inside the optical block
you will need to replace the optical block
the cost is prohibitive
CALL SONY
get them to replace it free
http://www.encompassparts.com

A-1123-071-A
DescriptionOptics Unit Block
Substitute Partn/a
Estimated Weight1 lb(s).
Availability by Warehouse
Atlanta, Ga11
Las Vegas, NV5
Baltimore, MD1

Total Availability17
Estimated Ship DateIn Stock
Core Price1,300.00
Part Price604.00
Total Price1,904.00