TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

just threw a ring at my plasma tv and now it has lines. how…

Customer Question
just threw a ring at...
just threw a ring at my plasma tv and now it has lines and like a crack inside. how to remove it without taking in it to a repairer
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/28/2010
TV Technician: Chuck Williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Chuck Williams
Chuck Williams, Technician

Hi!

Sorry to have to give you bad news, but it sounds like you've damaged the panel (the actual screen) and that would have to be replaced. And that's going to be expensive.

If you get me the model number, I can give you an idea of what this may cost, but it's going to be a shocker.

Let me know, and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Chuck

the model is toshiba 40"

I would need the full model number of the TV, but if it's a 40 inch screen, you're probably looking at $900.

Chuck

40" 1080P/60HZ LCD

Sorry, that's not the model number. The model number will be on the back panel or on your owners manual.

Chuck

40RV525R

Good, that's it.

Depending on which main board is in the TV, a new panel is either $975 (part number 75014883) or $1197 (part number 75013346.

Sorry for the bad news.

Chuck