TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just purchased a Sony Bravia KDL-500 46 LCD. I left home…

Customer Question
I just purchased a Sony...
I just purchased a Sony Bravia KDL-500 46" LCD. I left home yesterday and I beleive the tv was left on but when I returned it won't power up. When I plug the power cord in I can hear a faint"click" inside the unit but the power indicator light doesn't even come on. We did have a rainstorm while I was gone so Lightning may be the culprit, not sure. The unit is plugged to a power strip but all other components hooked to it are still working properly.
Any info on this?

Thanks,

Phil
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/28/2010
TV Technician: Frank the tv man, Technician replied 8 years ago
Frank the tv man
Frank the tv man, Technician

IT COULD HAVE BEEN A POWER SURGE. I WOULD FIRST TRY TO LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED FOR 5 MINUTES THEN PLUG IT BACK IN. IF IT STILL WILL NOT COME ON I WOULD JUST CALL SONY DIRECTLY SO THEY CAN SEND OUT ONE OF THERE REPRESENTATIVES TO FIX IT. 1-800-222-SONY (7669). YOU SHOULD STILL BE UNDER THE MANUFACTURER WARRANTY IF IT WAS PURCHASED WITH IN THE LAST YEAR. I WOULD NOT MENTION THE STORM OR THAT IT MAY HAVE BEEN THE RESULT OF A POWER SURGE SINCE MOST MANUFACTURERS DO NOT COVER POWER SURGES. ALSO YOU MIGHT NEED TO REPLACE THE SURGE PROTECTOR ONCE IT IS HIT WITH A SURGE IT MIGHT STILL WORK BUT IT IS NOT PROTECTING ANY OF YOUR EQUIPMENT.

THANKS. WOULD THERE BE ANY KIND OF RESET BUTTON ON THIS UNIT?
there is not a reset. unpluging the unit from ac should be the same as a reset and there also is a factory reset in the menu but that will not help you if there is no power