TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 72MX196 and it has a yellow light on with a red light…

Customer Question
I have a 72MX196 and...
I have a 72MX196 and it has a yellow light on with a red light blinking under it! I try to turn it on and it shuts off itself. the picture was fine before this happened and now I can't get it to work anymore. what can I do before I buy a lamp since they are so expensive?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/28/2010
TV Technician: Frank the tv man, Technician replied 8 years ago
Frank the tv man
Frank the tv man, Technician

THAT ERROR CODE MEANS A DEFECTIVE LAMP. WHILE IT COULD BE SOMETHING ELSE MORE THAN LIKELY YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE LAMP YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE LAMP YOURSELF. THE LAMP SHOULD COME WITH INSTUCTIONS REMEMBER TO PUT THE LAMP DOOR ON AS THE TV WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT IT.

http://www.discount-merchant.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=72mx196

That is what I figured. I was wanting another idea. I already Have the information to order the lamp online.
THE ERROR CODE IS THAT OF A LAMP THAT WOULD BE YOUR FIRST STEP. HAVE YOU TRIED REPLACING IT?