TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a KDL-32M4000 Tv about two years old. We had a lighting…

Customer Question
We have a KDL-32M4000 Tv...
We have a KDL-32M4000 Tv about two years old. We had a lighting store last night and a house across the street was struck. The TV I was watching in the Kitchen is fine. But for some reason the Sony Tv in the master bedroom that has a surge protector does not work? We have four other TV's that also work. We have one other Tv downstairs that also does not work today.

My question is the Sony Tv worth having someone check it out? Or is the Tv just junk now?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/27/2010
TV Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 8 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
it may be worth checking out
repair could be reasonable there is no way to know with lightning
it could be blown up or just a fuse who knows?
you gotta get it looked at to know
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center

How hard would it be to determine if the fuse is blown?

Would I be able to recognize the fuse if i removed the back on the TV?

not if they are ceramic
you will need a meter to test the fuse
yes they look like fuses