TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a non-name brand 32 inch, HD flat screen tv thats approx.

Customer Question
I have a non-name brand...
I have a non-name brand 32 inch, HD flat screen tv that's approx. 4 years old that had been working perfectly. One day I tried to turn it on and it simply wouldn't turn on with remote. Went to tv power button and nothing. The next day when I tried again, it came on, no problem. That scenerio played out three more times. After the 4th day, I just kept it on all the time, for 6 days, when I accidently turned it off. It hasn't come on since--it's been over a week! I try about two times a day and nothing. There's a small red light in front of tv that normally turns green when tv is on and that is still showing. When I hit the power button on the tv, that red light flickers, but then comes back. I need to know if the tv just died on me or if it can possibly be fixed. Please help! Thanks.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/27/2010
TV Technician: James, Technician replied 8 years ago
James, Technician
Hi There,

Chances are there is a problem with the power supply board in the TV.

The only thing I would suggest is to leave it unplugged for 24hrs then try turning it on again. This has the effect of discharging all of the capacitors within the unit, and effectively soft rebooting the unit.

What to do next depends entirely on whether you want to try and fix it at home, and have a good multimeter and are comfortable with soldering. If you are then let me know and I'll tell you what to look for. Otherwise you'd be best off taking it to a local electronics repair shop.

Typically the some of the capacitors on the board can go faulty.

Alternatively, if you have had it for less than a year, take it back to the place you bought it from and have them deal with it.

Hope this helps