TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung hlp6163wx xaa. The picture has noticable pinstripes…

I have a Samsung hlp6163wx...
I have a Samsung hlp6163wx xaa. The picture has noticable "pinstripes" running vertically. Is this something I can get a part for and fix myself?
6/28/2010
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
Are the pinstripes in the menu as well?

Yes they are. Also, they appear in a regular pattern.. The pinstripes are in groups of 8, with 5/16 " between each lines. Each group of 8 is separated by 3" of beautiful picture.

Thanks,

Mike C

You have a bad DLP chip
this is not easy to change
do you have electonics experience?
<p>I have some guitar amp repair exp, basic soldering, etc... If it is too difficult for me, I was hoping to buy the part online and barter with a local repair man for the labor.  </p><p>I "inherited" the TV, and will gladly pay you the $13 fee for the info on which part #           I need... just to help me decide to fix it or junk it. I was looking online and it seems some of these Samsung parts are $500-1000!</p>
Yes some are
I think this is a DLP IC
Here is the part number
Looks like the DLP chip is not available for this model
you will have to replace the light engine
I need the VER number off the side
\small sticker on left or right

Cant find VER #....

SER # XXXXX XXXXX

Other #s from back stickers.... L62B AT 61B3 (or maybe 61L3... its worn off)

Made in Mexico Aug. 2004

Lamp Code BP96-00608A(P)

This is a small sticker its square on the left or right side
one will have lamp number on it
the one on the oposite side wil have VER
this is on the back but nowhere near the center on the side
Nope sorry, must have fallen off
ok Im going to go with my best guess then
BP96-00822N LIGHT ENGINE ASSY
Here is the best price I can find
J and Q are good subs
look on ebay you may do better
You will have to make 950.00 investment here but you get 300.00 back when you send the old part
so its 600.00
best I can do ...they wont list the DMD on this model
Part NumberBP96-00822Q
DescriptionAssy Engine P-dlp Pwl3
Substitute PartBP96-00822J
Estimated Weight1 lb(s).
Availability by Warehouse
Lawrenceville, GA (Dist) 21

Total Availability1
Estimated Ship DateIn Stock
Core Price350.00
Part Price600.00
Total Price950.00
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center

Thanks for all the help..

thanks for using JA