TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Gentlemen, I bought a 32 Philips T.V. 32PFL5332D in Nov of…

Gentlemen, I bought a 32" Philips...
Gentlemen,
I bought a 32" Philips T.V. 32PFL5332D in Nov of 2007 - The problem is with the sound - When I turn on the T.V. the sound is OK, but after 10 to 15 Min. The sound jumps up with a lot of static, and it get so bad that I can't hear, and sounds like the stero goes off and into a high pitch - WHAT IS THE PROBLEM! Have you had any other customers that had the same problem? [email protected]
6/28/2010
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
Its a bad signal module
yes i have seen it
What is the serial number?

The Serial # XXXXX my Phillips T.V. is YA2A0724017869

Question:How does this work - I buy the part and you tell me how to put it in? Or are you in my area and I bring in the T.V. for you to fix, and at what cost is this bad signal module?

Here is the correct part for YA2A
all I am allowed to do here is answer your question

Part Number313926854471
DescriptionSsb Service Kit
Substitute Partn/a
Estimated WeightUnknown
Availability by Warehouse
Las Vegas, NV12
Baltimore, MD5

Total Availability15
Estimated Ship DateIn Stock
Core Price100.00
Part Price240.75
Total Price340.75

Will this Signal Module Part # XXXXX solve my static problem with my sound? If I was to purchase this part can I install it myself? You say the part is available in Baltimore MD & Las Vegas NV - are these Philips parts places? I have no address of these places - Or do I go on line to "Philips" and put in the part # XXXXX? The most inportant thing is can I install the part myself, and if not who can?

the part is easy to install there is no soldering needed
This is encompassparts they are "THE" OFFICIAL PHILLIPS PART DISTRIBUTOR
if you cant put in Call for service here
http://www.tvrepairpros.com

The entire sound circuit is in this board

For the price of $340.75 for the part to fix my T.V. is way to expensive - When they mfg these T.V.'s Signial Module's and other circuits they put into these T.V. are mfg at a very low cost, but replacement parts are so expensive It's not worth fixing - It's cheaper to go and buy another T.V. - I GUESS WE LIVE IN A THROW A WAY WORLD - I WILL NEVER BUY ANY PHILLIPS PRODUCTS AGAIN.

What brand of T.V.would you suggest to buy? Being that you have been in the business for so many years.

Well the part will actually cost you 100.00 less when you return the old part to them
But I agree with you
they make this stuff very exspensive
they dont want you to fix it
they want you to buy another tv

This is a problem pretty much across the entire industry
If I were to reccomend a manuf at this point I would say SAMSUNG
nit because they dont have problems but becuase they of the they handle the problems
in and out of warranty
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center

Anthony T.V.

I just wanted to let you know that I found out the reason that my Phillps T.V. volume jumped up and had a lot of static was that I had a bad wall plug that I had my T.V. plugged into, it was cracked - I replaced the plug and NO MORE STATIC AND THE VOLUME DID NOT INCREASE.

Just thought that you would like to know so that if anyone else has that problem have them check their wall socket. It may not be the case all the time, but you never know.

Thanks for your help

That is a very unusual situation but anything is possible
good luck with the tv
Thanks for using JA