TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a samsung 65 projection tv model # HCN653W.The tv wont…

Customer Question
I have a samsung 65"...
I have a samsung 65" projection tv model # XXXXX tv wont turn on.Timer light blinks 8 times and goes out.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/27/2010
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 8 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied, Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your question?

have you any Television electronics experience? if not A family/friend with electronics skills that can help you out.

Do you have a meter and Tools?

Are to trying to repair your Self?

Just know what to say to the tech, so time isn't a problem in repairs?

no i have no tv experience.I can get a meter.I have worked on electronics before.

Your problem, digital meter in electronics almost impossible to verify anything shorted or opened with out it. This is a test procedure I would have a friend that knows something about TV, Almost impossible for a novice with no experience with projection repair.

A projection can have a few things wrong with it that can cause this

1. Power supply failure. Measure at the collector of the horizontal out put while set is off, or remove this transistor then measure the power supply voltage. B+

2. Horizontal out put failure or horizontal circuit. Check to see if the collector leg is shorted to ground.

3. Vertical IC failure or vertical circuit. With out Oscilloscope all you can do is change out to test.

4. Convergence Amplifier, convergence circuit. By removing the STK chips the unit will start if this circuit is bad

Either case if you are able to troubleshoot this unit, you should Down Load the schematic, Because it will not be a simple repair for a Novice, I do suggest calling a in home service provider, Would not want you to cause any harm to you or your set further, Normally repairs for these units are around 280.00.

Below are basic pictures of the parts mentioned above.

Horizontal output . Horizontal out put bad vertical IC watch someone do the repair To the convergence circuit.

I hope I helped answer your question.

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts on trying to help you save on those large labor charges are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Thanks.

Relist: Incomplete answer.
will opt out
another tech will possibly help
TV Technician: PramitP, Technician replied 8 years ago
PramitP
PramitP, Technician

My name is XXXXX XXXXX before I start, can you tell me what you need to know?

Regards

When you turn the power on the timer light blinks 8 times but the tv doesnt come.I was hoping the 8 blinks was some sort of code to tell me what was wrong with the tv.

Optional Information:
Make: samsung
Model: HCN653W

There should be another tech on this question