TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Hi sony trinitron XBR 2004 32 silver cabinet. My dads TV…

Customer Question
Hi sony trinitron XBR 2004...
Hi sony trinitron XBR 2004 32" silver cabinet. My dad's TV cut off last night after power surge in Florida (grid stinks here). Anyways, getting 7 flashes error code from power LED. Research tells me it is flyback over volt. I'm hoping one of you wizards can suggest a common component for me. I been out of TV repair for too long. Thanks! Fred
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/27/2010
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to the site,

Initially, postback with the model number, something like KV-32XBR400.

Offhand, yes, on the XBR series, 7 blinks of the Standby/TIMER LED indicates that the Sony has kicked in auto-protect due to a fault in the horizontal section.

The model number would identify the chassis and a Service Manual with schematic diagram could possibly be available,

Good luck and thank you for asking.

Edited by Benimur on 6/27/2010 at 3:19 PM EST
Sony Model # XXXXX Thank you!
Appreciate the information.

If the 7 blinks is consistent and no other faults / blinks...

The Sony KV32HS510 uses the DA-4 chassis. The most likely fault would be in the D board which could be replaced as a whole and maybe inquired from Sony or here, P/N A1300319A.

If you are considering component level repair, first components to check in the D board would be:
  • Q8013 & 8014, both are IRFIB7N50A;
  • zener diodes D8012 to 8014;
  • resistor R8051, a 0.1Ω, R8058 & 8061, both 10Ω, R8047, 0.22Ω and R8070, 0.1Ω; and
  • IC8002, MCZ3001D.

If it would help, I could upload a pdf copy of the Service Manual to an offsite server.

Edited by Benimur on 6/27/2010 at 3:58 PM EST

Ok, thanks! Please do upload the service manual for me. I will accept the answer from you with the address of the site for download and I thank you again Ben.

Fred

Please click here. It would require Adobe Acrobat Reader or equivalent.

Edited by Benimur on 6/27/2010 at 4:34 PM EST
Louie, Technician

Hi Ben,

TV is repaired. Thank you for your help in identifying the protector circuit for me.

You saved me countless hours and I THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!! It's nice to deal with a pro. I will recommend you to whoever I can.

Best regards,

Fred Roeder

Glad that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.

Appreciate the ACCEPT.

Thanks!

You more than earned the ACCEPT!

Hi Ben,

I just wanted to reciprocate and wish you and yours a very happy holiday and a great and prosporous New Year!

If I need any expert assistance in the future you can rest assured that I will be looking you up sir.

All the best this holiday season,
Fred Roeder
Zobora Technologies