TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Purchased a Samsung 127cm Series 6A Plasma TV approx 1 year…

Customer Question
Purchased a Samsung 127cm Series...
Purchased a Samsung 127cm Series 6A Plasma TV approx 1 year ago.
My problem being that I am unable to watch any movies that I have down loaded on to a USB device, I have followed the mannual accordingly. Have been adviced by the place that I purchased my Tv from that I might need to undated my software. If this information is correcthow am I able to do this and how do I do this.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/27/2010
TV Technician: PramitP, Technician replied 8 years ago
PramitP
PramitP, Technician

First of all welcome to Justanswer. My name is Pramit. Before I start, what is the exact model no. of the TV? Also what is the extension of the file that you have loaded onto the USB device?

Regards.
model no.PS50A650T1F..on the USB is a 4G USB containing 5 movies alao have brought a 1tb external hard drive which I have not used yet, as I am waiting to see if I can
What is the file type of the movie?
It is a normal USB..is it because the soft ware on the TV needs upgrading from the samsung site as I have been informed by the place of purchase...When I connect the USB into the input the WISELINK Function the TV is not reconnizing that there is a USB in the jack...
No no, what I want to know prior to providing any solution is what is the filetype of the movie that you're trying to play. Like .vob or .avi or .mkv or .mp4 or .mpg or. wmv etc.
mpg I think. movies have been down loaded from computer on to USB..sorry not my files so unsure
Can you check them by plugging it in your PC/laptop?

i think i will what till tomorrow and ring samsung direct that you for your service, no need to continue with this job any more

Well I'm sorry for frustrating you but I wanted to know the file type in order to check whether your TV is compatible with the file type or not. If you want to upgrade your software I'm ready to assist you.

first i would like to know is this still a charge of $22 before we continue

I'm not paid unless you click on the green accept button. Also, I'd like my clients to accept only if they are satisfied with my help.