TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I connect a Sony Blu-Ray to my Arcam AVR100 to get sound…

Customer Question
I have to go to...
I have to go to sleep... please send me an email re: this answer. I have been waiting for over an hour and have been up since 7AM... it is 2:00 AM now... tired... thanks.

How do I connect a Sony Blu-Ray BDP S360 to my Arcam AVR100 and Sony Vega KF-50WE620 to get sound from both the Arcam and my Sony Vega TV?

Can I hook up both Blu-ray's audio and video to TV in the back and also hook it up to ARCAM AVR100 using the coaxial cable that we have to hook up the Blu-ray to the ARCAM AVR100. In other words, connect Blu-ray directly to the back of the TV using a good A/V cable and also hook up to ARCAM AVR100 using a coaxial cable at the same time.Is that a no-no? I didn't do it yet... just trying to confirm whether or not this is do-able.

The reason I wanted to do this is because we do not have a center speaker still and we use the TV's two R+L speakers as our center speaker. It is a little odd, but it works in a matter of speaking. I figured that I need to get two different audio signals happening, one from the TV speakers and then from our "surround sound set up" through the ARCAM AVR100, such as it is.

How do I do this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/27/2010
TV Technician: TV Tech1, Technician replied 8 years ago
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician

You CAN connect it to both, but you really can't separate the Center Channel to go to the TV only...you have to send ALL of the Audio to the TV and perhaps lower the BASS in the Audio settings to emphasize the voices -- you can also increase the Treble since most voices are in the treble range.

Here are several pictures that can help you with the HOOKUP....

graphic

graphic

graphic

You should be able to find any of those cables you need at the local Walmart or any Electronics store. Also, they still make the HDMI to DVI converter socket.

That should fill the bill...

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Thank you.