TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

i have acquired a sony color rear video projector tv, 1997,

model # XXXXX or # XXXXX...
i have acquired a sony color rear video projector tv, 1997, model # XXXXX or
# XXXXX able to distinguish if it is a "v" or a "u". I need access to a user's manual
so I can hook it up. It was working when I purchased it from a private party. I have cable.
Private party does not have the manual.
Answered in 1 day by:
6/27/2010
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
This is not hard and you dont need a manual
There are 3 jacks labled A B loop
hook to A or B
and set the tv to ch3
if you dont get a pix on A
try B
set the tv to ch 3
sorry, there are no jacks labeled A B loop. this is not helpful.
AUX = A
VHF/UHF = B
TO CONVERTER IS A LOOP FROM B

okay, i have a picture and now cannot get rid of a gray static square in the lower right

hand corner that is the pic-in-picture.

yes it is
do you have the remote ?
there is a PIP button that will get rid of it

have remote. one click = bigger square. next click = even bigger square.

then back to the smaller one. always lower right. always gray static.

If you have the original remote
there are 2 rows of oval buttons across the top
the first one on the second row of ovals if PIP OFF
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center

appreciate your trying to help....tv not responding to this.

remote works for everything else. just cannot get rid of this gray pip square.

The PIP off button is the one I showed you
it could be the button is worn out and wont work?
There is PIP size PIP position and split screen and PIP OFF
it should work unless the remote is not sending it out
we can try a factory reset
will pu the tv back to out of box condition
turn the tv off
press {display} {5} {VOL UP} {POWER}
then read me what you see