TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung Tv model LNS4696DX/XAA, On the left hand…

I have a Samsung Tv...
I have a Samsung Tv model LNS4696DX/XAA, On the left hand side are 3 cord connections for video, and left and right audio, one ear phone jack, and plug in with AVIN2 over it and the word wiselink under it. Are these input or output jacks.

I have cable with a DVR box. I'm Changing over to verison FIOS and need to copy onto my new Toshiba DVD recorder, several recorded programs from the DVR before I have to give up the box. Is it possible,and how do you hook it up. Thanks
6/27/2010
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician

Actually you cannot transfer the contents of one Hard Drive to another new box's Hard Drive....

And unfortunately, if you attempt to record any HD shows that you saved, any recording device you use will not save it as an HD signal, only Low Definition is allowed to be recorded, according to the agreement that recording manufacturers came up with.

You can transfer it as a Low Def signal, but not a Hi Def signal.

So this is what you do.....

Take the Cable box's VIDEO and AUDIO outputs (Composite out -- it's the Yellow Red and White Connectors) and connect it to your DVD recorder's Composite input jacks....Then start the recorder and play the saved TV show-- when the show is over, save and finalize the disc, or add the next show if you have room for it. Make sure you finalize the disc when you are done.

That is your ONLY workable way to save the shows.

If you have any questions, just ask

Thank you.

TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Never done this before. How do you finalize the disc? Also can you do this copying with a mac-book. It's Mac OS X, Version 10.5.8. Probably have to go to Mac for this? Thanks again!!!

Normally your DVD recorder will ASK if you want to finalize it....Select Yes.

Finalizing your DVD makes it playable on other DVD players, Not finalizing it makes it playable ONLY on your DVD player, but it also allows you to ADD more Video at a later date.

As for copying to/from a Macbook, we have experts in the COMPUTER division that can address that setup. I can do TV and DVD as that is my specialty, but I'm not familiar with the MAC, only with PC-based setups.

But it most likely will need the Video Card's resolution to be set to 640 x 480i or use the S-Video output if available on your MAC.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6540_adjust-monitor-resolution.html

If you have any questions, just ask

Thank you.