TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I recently purchased an HLT71 7 digital lcd tv. I think

Customer Question
I recently purchased an HLT71...
I recently purchased an HLT71 7'' digital lcd tv. I think I have everything hooked up correctly but only receive one station. A neighbor has the same set and stated that he purchased a different antenna and gets many channels. Do you sell stronger?, bigger? or better antennas for this and how much are they?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/27/2010
TV Technician: TV Tech1, Technician replied 8 years ago
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician

There is an IDEAL website designed to help you....

http://www.antennaweb.org

Click the Choose an antenna button, fill in the information they request from you, and you will get a color-coded table that shows the color-type of antenna you want to buy.

On the same website, they provide several major companies that have everything you need to get your TV stations. Aerials, amps, cable, antenna masts....Everything !

It also provides a picture of where you should point your antenna.

Here is a picture of that....

graphic

The green HIGHLIGHT is the ACTUAL / TRUE channel number , and you use that to select the TYPE of antenna you need VHF is for Channels 2 to 13, and UHF is for 14 to 69.

Once you get that info, you select the RESOURCE TAB near the top, and at the bottom of the list is Four Major Companies -- All you need is to keep in mind the mileage from the TV station or the Color Code for the TV stations you want to recieve.

graphic

There you go -- ALL the resources you need in ONE SPOT !

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Thank you.