TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a hitachi 61uwx10b tv that keeps blowing the convergence…

Customer Question
I have a hitachi 61uwx10b...
I have a hitachi 61uwx10b tv that keeps blowing the convergence ic's the original ic's were the STK392-150 I am told that a STK392-110 is the factory default and that a STK392-180 is a more stable compatable chip which is what is in it rite now I blew 2 sets of the STK392-150 chips but it did work great for about a month or so after having a more skilled solderer install the 180's I have a picture and all colors will adjust in the manufacturers menus but there is one area of the screen (the lower right corner ) that has a deflection pattern that kinda looks like a wave cresting and it won't adjust. I don't want to burn out the new chips any suggestions? If you like I can take a photo and send it to you for illistration.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/27/2010
TV Technician: Joe, Electronic Tech replied 8 years ago
Joe
Joe, Electronic Tech
You need to check for resistors that have change in value, and replace the electrolytic caps on the convergence board.
got it figured out for now and I did replace the bad resestors but what is a electrolytic cap?

I'll send you a picture of electrolytic caps. when you install them the polarity has to be right or it can explode. The will be a stripe on the side of the cap showing that it is the negative side.

graphic

Edited by Joe on 6/28/2010 at 8:56 AM EST