TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Need Westinghouse TV techie to help connect new-to-me flat…

Customer Question
Need Westinghouse TV techie to...
Need Westinghouse TV techie to help connect "new-to-me" flat screen TV.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/26/2010
TV Technician: hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer replied 8 years ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer

Hello and welcome to justanswers.com my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help you with your computer problem.

Have you got anything connected up or plugged in?

Can you give me some details of what you've hooked up so far, what is working and what isn't?

The TV is connected to Comcast cable, but I get the screen that says No Tuner.

Have gone through both remote and set controls to try to set tuner, but so far no luck. Both sets (cable and TV) are connected to appropriate outlets.

Thankyou for answering my questions.

You are getting the "no tuner" message because your TV is trying to pick up a signal from your roof antenna. If you have a roof antenna plugged in, then the channels will have to be set up via the TV's installation procedure which you can access via the TV's main menu.

I'm guessing that your Comcast cable box is connected to your TV using a HDMI cable or component cables. These will provide a HDTV signal to your TV.

Because you need to use the cable box to change your channels, the trick is to set your TV so that it is connecting to your cable box. Please check the back of the cable box and how it is connected to your TV. If the plug looks like this (image courtesy Wikipedia) then that confirms my thinking. Your TV may have multiple HDMI inputs so please check out which input is being used.

graphic

Look on your TV remote for an input button that lets you cycle through the TV inputs. Choose the HDMI signal input number that checked out above, and you should see the picture and hear the sound of whatever channel your cable box is set to.