TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an 25" GE TV (about 25 years old) model #26CP6863 lost…

Customer Question
I have an 25" GE...
I have an 25" GE TV (about 25 years old) model #26CP6863 lost the remote and recently bought a universal remote. Programmed the new remote and it worked fine. Tried to block some of the 'no reception' channels but ended up blocking all the channels. Tried to unblock but it asks for a code. It appears to be 4 numbers but I don't remember the ##s. How do I unblock the blocked channels? Would appreciate your help. Thanks CASE
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/26/2010
TV Technician: ProTV and Audio, Sr Engineering Tech replied 8 years ago
ProTV and Audio
ProTV and Audio, Sr Engineering Tech

Dear JA customer,

Thank you for your question.

So that I may further assist you, could you please verify the model number of your TV, also if there is a chassis number please send it too.

Thank you for your Just Answer question and I look forward to your response.

TYPE 1-205

73E262494-13

Serial # XXXXX PM-D

[email protected] 26CP6863KO01

CDDE441264235170

The above are all the @s I can find

Have you received the above information?

Please confirm

Thanks

CASE

Thank you

Unfortunately, I don't have any information on file for the listed model number. I will open this to the forum so that another Expert can have the opportunity to answer.

Thank you

TV Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 8 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
This was a workhorse of a chassis
you can't use a universal remote
the original had a switch on it to program the tv
some models have a program/lock switch on the TV itself as well but not all
Is the pix full?
top and bottom?
there were several capacitors to cause issues with that

the picture was perfect with the entire screen full. I no longer have the original remote.

I purchased a universal remote and that worked fine until I tried to block some channels and inadvertently entered a number that blocked all channels. I can change the channels with the remote but none have a picture and all show snow. Somewhere there ought to be a code that unlocks the channels. The tv is about 28 years old. Hope you can help

no
there is no code
but I know what you did
look for a CATV/AIR selection or a switch on the tv
or maybe even in the menu somewhere
you will only get 13 channels if its in the wrong mode
14 will be snow and all the way up
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Relist: Answer quality.
Didn't get my problem resolved.....
There must be a way to unlock the locked channels
Don't know if this helps but I have a mini manual that I can scan and supply to an expert. The Chassis for my TV is a PM-D Chassis.

Thank you for the additional information. Since this came up on my list again, please post the Scan here or on Snapfish.

Thank you

There are 10 pages to the mini manual. Can I send it as a pdf attachement instead of attaching 10 jpg pix? Please advise. Thanks, CASE

JA can only accept if less than 1MB, therefore you may have to use Snapfish and send me the .pdf link if it takes .pdf's. if not, rename it to a jpeg and then I can rename it on this end.

Thanks

Will do
Thank you
http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2303045022/a=2444770022_2444770022/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Thank you for the fantastic effort you went through with the schematics. However, what we really need here to solve the lock issue is the Owners Manual or Complete Service Manual with instructions for the reset. The schematics would be useful if there was a hardware fault issue.

Thank you

Good news!

Somehow ?! the blocked channels became unblocked and now we are back to normal.

Thank you for your efforts to help

You're welcome, let me know if you would like me to send you the ACCEPT button.

Thanks you for using JA

That would be fine

Thank you very much, and thank you for using JA.

We work on a commission as part of the deposit value, and welcome the opportunity to answer your question. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well as bonuses.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to OPT back in.

Thank you for using JA.