TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a rear projection HD DTV 61 Samsung, model # HL-S6167WX.

Customer Question
I have a rear projection...
I have a rear projection HD DTV 61" Samsung, model # XXXXX This week I returned my DVR to Cox cable (yet another price increase) and now all I get is a weak or no signal error message on the screen. I've checked the line with my other TV's and the standard cable channels come through without problem.

I guess I misplaced my owners manual when I ordered and installed a new lamp last year. Can you recommend additional steps or procedures I need to take?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 day by:
6/28/2010
TV Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 8 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
So you have no box?
How did you hook up cable?
Directly into the port marked cable on the back of the TV, the same way it is connected to the other 3 tv's that work.
ok did you switch the input source to tv?
When I switch source to tv, I get nothing but snow as the picture. When I switch source to cable, I get the error message "weak or no signal". I use the source button on the remote to do this.
ok
what jack did you hook to on the back of the tv?
from your cable ?

I'm not sure what you're question is?

I hooked my coaxial cable onto the port marked cable. There is a 2nd port marked "TV" that accepts coaxial cable, but when I hooked to that port, I only get the local channels. My understanding is that the TV port is for an antenna.

it will get 2-13 on the port not marked cable
do you get anything if you use that port?
if not
you need to try another tv on the same wire
to verify there is signal on that wire

I've finally resolved my issue. I tried a different cable with the same results, so it wasn't the cable.

The answer was in programming the remote control. I stumbled on it through experimenting. The owners manual didn't cover what was needed which was very dissapointing (160 pages).

Thank you for trying to help me.