TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I accidentally pressed the antenna botton on my remote and…

Customer Question
I accidentally pressed the antenna...
I accidentally pressed the antenna botton on my remote and lost the pictures on my T.V. I have my set connected to Directv. How do I reset the antenna to get back pictures?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/26/2010
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

By pressing the antenna button, your TV's input was changed to antenna. To change it back you will either have to press an Input button or slide a switch on the remote control to change back to the Input you are using for Directv, depending on which model of TV you have.

If you need any additional help, please reply with the exact model number of your TV so I can help you further.

Pete.

the model number is XXXXX

Are you using the original remote control that came with the TV? I cannot see an Antenna button on the original remote control for your TV. Are you sure the button is labeled Antenna? Does your remote look like the one in the picture below?

graphic

Edited by Electronics Pete on 6/26/2010 at 12:50 PM EST

I'm using the original remote. I first pressed the menu bottom and then selected antenna from the options by accident.

Can you press the Device arrow buttons on your remote control to select your Directv device again? This will connect it up again when you select the correct device.

Pete.

It didn't work sir. I think it's a more serious problem than appears superficially. I have an appointment with Directv to come check it out tomorrow. Thanks