TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

What is remote code for Olevia 437-s11

Customer Question
What is remote code for Olevia 437-s11
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/26/2010
TV Technician: Emily Jayne, Technician replied 8 years ago
Emily Jayne
Emily Jayne, Technician
Hi there,

What remote control are you trying to use with the Olevia? If it is anything other than the original remote that came with the TV, please provide the make and model number.

Thanks,

Emily
Thanks Emily. I'm trying to use a Sony RM-VL600. I have three remotes for the TV, cable and DVD player and am trying desperately to consolidate.
Is it just the TV that you are unable to control with the Sony RM-VL600, or do you need codes for the Cable box and DVD player as well? If you do can you tell me the makes and model numbers of them please?

Thanks,

Emily
You Rock! I assumed they would be easier, but here goes.

DVD is RCA RTD258

DVR is ATT Uverse Motorola VIP 1225

Pat
The reason that this is not as straight forward as you would hope it would be is that the codes for devices are not specified by the device manufacturer. Instead it is the maker of the control device that specifies the code, so it differs from one control product to the next.

The code for RCA DVD players is 0005

There is no code listed for the ATT box.

Because there is no code listed, there is a very good chance that your remote does not contain a code that will work with your cable box. When remotes are made they are only loaded with a certain number of codes, typically codes for products that were the most popular at the time. If your cable box was not available at the time the remote was manufactured, or if it was not deemed one of the more popular ones, then there is a good chance that a code was not included.

I can recommend a different universal remote for you. The Logitech Harmony while being rather pricey is very good in that it has a 'database' of products that can be updated over the internet, meaning that in comparison with many other remotes it has a far larger number of product codes. I have checked, and these remotes do have the codes to control your DVD, DVR and TV.

If you do not want to do this, you could try looking in the manual that came with your DVR and see if the DVR remote has codes that can control the TV and DVD.

Hope this helps,

Emily
I still have no solution for the original problem. No thanks.