TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

i have ablinking red light instead of a solid red light. this…

Customer Question
i have ablinking red light...
i have ablinking red light instead of a solid red light. this happen after and outage from a storm, my set sounds like it is go to go on ,but after a second it goes off, how do i get my set to stay on?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/26/2010
TV Technician: PramitP, Technician replied 8 years ago
PramitP
PramitP, Technician

First of all welcome to Justanswer. My name is Pramit. Before I start, have you tried unplugging the TV for 4-5 hours? How old is the TV? What is the model no. of the TV?

Regards.

I have not unpliged the tv for 4 to 5 hrs. the set is 5 yrs old and is a sony wega i don't no the model no.

Okay. Can you check the model no. at the back of the TV, somewhere around the power cord.
model no kv-30/34hs420 or kv-27/32/36hs420 the tv is to heavy for me to move to get behind it i got these nos from the operating manuel that came with the tv
the model no is kv-32hs420 serial no(NNN) NNN-NNNN
How many times does the red led blink? For e.g. X blinks-pause-X blinks and so on.
when i turn the set on it blinks continually
Like 1 blink per second?
yes one blink per second. normally the red light does not blink
Is it accompanied by a clicking sound?
no clinking but the red light blinks continually about five times and then pauses for about a second then blinks for about five times this continues while the set is turned on
when the set is turned off the red light blinks 6 times and then pauses for about three seconds and then repeats the 6 blinks
I'm sorry but it has to either 5 or 6. Kindly re-check. Moreover I have seen these set having 6 blink and sometimes 7 blinks but not one confused between 5 and 6.