TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

about 2 hours ago a 4 inch line about 6 inches in on the left…

Customer Question
about 2 hours ago a...
about 2 hours ago a 4 inch line about 6 inches in on the left side of my tv showed up. the line itself is really really bright and the colors inside are all distorted and sometimes get fuzzy. The rest of the picture on the tv is distorted in color also. ive tried resetting the colors. doing a system reset. and turning the power off for 30 seconds. still no solution. no one did anything to the tv to cause this. if anyone can help it would be great.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/26/2010
TV Technician: TV Tech1, Technician replied 8 years ago
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician

Did you UNPLUG the power cord for a FULL 5 minutes to reset your micro? 30 seconds doesn't cut it anymore with these units being more energy efficient nowadays.

Also, this vertical line -- is it a THIN line or a BAND of Brightness with bad color?

Also, if you bring up the menu on your TV set, does this line LAND on the menu? If it does, do you see the band UNDER or OVER the top of the menu?

Answer those questions, and I can tell you what is wrong with your TV set..

Yea i had the tv unplugged for about 45 min or so when i finally got ticked off at the tv.

The line itself is a 4 inch band with severe discoloration running vertical.

If i bring up the menu on the tv the line does land on the menu and its over the top of the menu.

ive also tried changed the componet 1 and 2, hdmi 1 2 and 3, AV, and the tv channels and its still there.

If i bring up the menu on the tv the line is about an inch to the left of the menu itself. the menu is a little brighter then normal due to the discoloration on the rest of the tv

Ok, so the menu is actually affected by the distortion in the video.

We need a little MORE information for the part number.

graphic

I guess they built 3 different chassis under the one model number, so look at your serial number on the back of the TV set, and let me know which VW46LFHDTV20A chassis

you have there.

LSACPCK

i can also see if i can add a picture of the problem on the screen for you.

graphic

Ok, it's just what I thought it was....the LCD panel is bad, the crystals aren't fully closing to the correct level.

Part # 0211-0460-0577

https://www.encompassparts.com/webwiz/wwiz.asp?wwizmstr=WEB.SEE&partnumber=8086648&smodel=VW46LFHDTV20A

Unfortunately, I cannot find any other supplier for your LCD panel. It looks like the manufacturer supplies boards, but the cost of the LCD panel is likely the reason the manufacturer doesn't provide that part as a "stocked" item.

If you have any questions, just ask

Thank you.

i cant see the link that u gave me. i dont know how else to look it up or see the cost of the part itself

https://www.encompassparts.com/webwiz/wwiz.asp?wwizmstr=WEB.SEE&partnumber=8086648

If that does not work, go to Encompass.com, Sign in under the Guest Button. Then take your part number I gave you and type it in under the Part Number box...

I don't know why, but sometimes the copied link doesn't work at all...it's rare, but it has happened before....

If you have any questions, just ask

Thank you.