TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

lg 42pc1dv that has been working fine and then all of a sudden…

Customer Question
lg 42pc1dv that has been...
lg 42pc1dv that has been working fine and then all of a sudden it has come up with a distorted picture very fuzzy in lines. hard to explain but dont know if it is one of the boards or the screen. You can still make out the picture, but it is not clear at all. the colour is false too. anybody have any ideas please?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/25/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-If you press the menu button on the tv itself, does the menu show up?

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Hi there, thank you for the quick response,

the issue occurs as soon as the tv is turned on, it is like half the screen has lines accross it. when i press the menu button the menu comes up, it is slighty off colour butis legible. the machine is only about 18mths old but is on all day in the office area where i work

What half of the screen looks good?

Tim

neither looks good. the right is completely fuzzy and the right has small areas of like a red distortion

Any chance you can post a picture of what you are seeing to me? (if you can post a picture, please click the icon above where you are typing with the green tree on it. This will allow you to upload a picture)

Tim

trying now

Awesome! Let me know.

Thanks,

Tim

<p>i cant get the file small enough to post on the upload</p><p> </p>

OK...Are the lines you are seeing going top to bottom or left to right?

Tim

left to right. is there another way of getting a picture to you?

Well you can email them to [email protected] be she isnt online right now so I do not know how long it will take for her to forward them to me.

Are the lines on both the top and bottom half of the screen?

Tim

Middle to top

Do they cut the tv exactly in half from half way to the top?

Tim

I am grateful for you help and how long this is taking. I will send an email to the address you gave me and wait for your reply thanks

Paul