TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

troble with my old e-mail address [email protected] couldnt…

Customer Question
troble with my old e-mail...
troble with my old e-mail [email protected] couldn't send response. My new e-mail [email protected] Have a 56" hdtv that the color no longer works on. Please help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/25/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

4-5 years old, Yes Dvd, and cable/satelite are both black and white however the menu screen does appear in color

How are these hooked to the tv?

The choices are:

Component cables: 5 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a green, a blue, a red, a white, and another red cable

Composite cables: 3 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a yellow, a white, and a red.

HDMI: 1 wire between the tv and the device, this is a single wire and looks like a computer plug on each end, similar to a large USB connector.

Coax: This is 1 wire between the tv and the device as well. This is the normal cable wire with the end the screws

coax

How is the dvd hooked up?

Tim

rca cables

As long as the settings in the menu have not been changed like the color taken all the way to 0 or something crazy then....

At this point you are going to have a bad signal board, we know this because you have tried multiple input devices on multiple inputs and the menu shows in color. So you definitely have something wrong in the video processing on the signal board. This means that in order to fix the tv the signal board would need to be replaced. The really bad news is that I just looked this up for you and the board has been discontinued. There will be no way to fix the tv at this point because the part is not available.

I am sorry to bring bad news, I wish I had an quick fix or easy answer for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan