TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a LG LCD and the power LED is blinking red and the unit…

Customer Question
I have a LG LCD...
I have a LG LCD and the power LED is blinking red and the unit will not turn on. This happened before and taking all connections and power off for a few days worked. This time, nothing works. this seems to be a common LG problem. Can you help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/25/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

- Does the light blink a code? (example 6 blinks pause 6 blinks pause repeat)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

LG 26 LX1D

4 years old

No code, steady red blink. It should be solid red when off and solid green when on. This is a reoccuring problem, I'm looking for an answer to not only how to get it functional again, but also, how to prevent the problem from continuing to happen.

This is a very common problem with your tv, what has most likely happened (about 90% of the time) is the power supply has failed, more specifically there are a few caps in the power supply that have most likely failed. The unit will require component replacement to get it working again. Do you have any electronic repair experience, test equipment, and soldering equipment? If so I can assist you with this repair. If you do not have the above equipment and skills a repairman will be required for this repair, you can expect the bill to be around $200.

I am sorry that I don't have a magic button or a quick fix for you on this one, but component replacement will be required.

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan