TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

we have a problem getting the picture on. Think we changed…

Customer Question
we have a problem getting...
we have a problem getting the picture on. Think we changed the settings and now can`t get it on. we have cable and it is not the box. please help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/25/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What do you get on the screen?

-If you press the menu button on the tv itself, does the menu show up?

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

we messed up the settings and all we have now is snow. can`t even get it to change channels. amd the cable is fine.

Ok do you know how to box is hooked to the tv?

The choices are:

Component cables: 5 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a green, a blue, a red, a white, and another red cable

Composite cables: 3 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a yellow, a white, and a red.

HDMI: 1 wire between the tv and the device, this is a single wire and looks like a computer plug on each end, similar to a large USB connector.

Coax: This is 1 wire between the tv and the device as well. This is the normal cable wire with the end the screws

coax

Ok on the top of the Sharp remote do you see the SOURCE button? press this button until the light under TV lights up. Once the TV light lights up then try pressing 0 -3 on the remote does it got to channel 3 then?

Tim

Yes it did.........the note on the screen says "one moment please This channel should be available shortly" .....but earlier, (before I tried to fix this myself) this TV had this same note on the TV screen. We had some bad storms in this area, and since that time, I have had this problem with this TV. It is not an old TV.
I have to leave now to go to work. Can I get your help at a later time or is there another cost to this?

No problem, when you get back just let us know...there is no extra cost at all we can work whenever you like. Just please keep the email that Just Answer has sent you and use the link in there to get back to this same exact question. If you open another question it will charge you another deposit and then it will cost more until we get a mod to refund the extra deposit and it gets to be a pain, so please just use the link in that email.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Tim

Thank you Tim.....I appreciate your assistance with this matter. I will check back again as you have noted above. Have a good day. MWShadle

sounds good!

Thanks,

Tim