TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

sony wega flashing stand bye light is flashing have unplugged…

Customer Question
sony wega flashing stand...
sony wega flashing stand bye light is flashing have unplugged t.v. and bypassed surge protector and still t.v. does not come on and light still flashing ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/25/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

- Is the light on the front flashing a code? (example 6 blinks pause 6 blinks pause repeat)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

not at home now but unit maybe 4 to 5 yrs. old and that light may be blinking in the fashion you described would not be able to confirm till later today.

Both the light and the model are very important, without them I would be stabbing in the dark...but if you can get me that information later when you get home I can get you a good idea of what is going on.

I will be around all day so if you like you can post back when you get the chance and we can continue then?

Tim