TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a Toshiba model #57H81 and serial #57009396. Last night…

Customer Question
We have a Toshiba model...
We have a Toshiba model #57H81 and serial #57009396. Last night my husband tried to turn it on with no luck, the red power light is flashing with no picture or sound. What do you think is wrong? Thanks!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/25/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Is the light on the front blinking a code?

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

I don't think its blinking a code, it just seems to be a constant blink and you can't turn it on or off. I'm guessing the age is 8 years old.

Ok, there are two main causes for this problem they are:

The Z801 module....This is a module that has been notorious for failing in your model causing it to do exactly what yours is doing...works when it wants to shuts off when it doesn't, also it can cause weird effects in the picture and so on..

This can be replaced by a trained technician and will run you somewhere around $300-$350 for the repair.

The convergence circuit is also a common failure in your set. The convergence circuit when failed, requires a few components to be replaced. This repair will run more around $400 to have completed by a tech.

There are a couple of other issues that I can think of that could possibly cause this as well but it would be unlikely, they include the vertical and the power supply, these would still run you somewhere between $300-$400.

So the botXXXXX XXXXXne here is you should be expecting a bill of somewhere between $300-$400, but the set is very repairable, you will just need to decide if it is worth that kind of money to you or not. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan