TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

i have an old plasma panasonic TH-42PWD with component input…

Customer Question
i have an old plasma...
i have an old plasma panasonic TH-42PWD with component input which works find with PS3 and plays bluerays etc in 1080i - i bought an old sky HD box with component output and connected it up and it doesnt work
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/25/2010
TV Technician: James, Technician replied 8 years ago
James, Technician
Hi There,

Are you able to test the component output of the Sky box on another set ? It might be that the Sky box just needs resetting.

Disconnect the digibox from the mains power. Press and hold the 'left' and 'right' navigation buttons on the front of the digibox whilst you reconnect the mains power. Continue holding the buttons in for about 20 seconds, and when the ring of light on the front comes on, press the 'select' button on the front of the digibox (between the left and right buttons you were holding).

The Sky+ recording logo lights will spin backwards and this will "clear the hard drive".

Once this is done, disconnect the digibox from the mains power again and this time press and hold the 'back up' button whilst you reconnect the mains power.

Continue holding it for about 15 seconds until 3 lights on the front of the box come on and you get a full-screen message saying "Updating system software. Do not disconnect mains supply or satellite dish."

Leave the digibox to update, and once it is finished you should find that all problems are fixed.

i connected to my small LCD with a HDMI cable and picture works - i can connect to the plasma via s-video and get a picture (the actual model is TH-42PWD6) - its just the video part of the component output that fails to display a picture.
Hi There,

Its possible that the component output board in the Sky box is faulty, try a reset as I described in the post above and let me know what happens.