TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The power light is on and orange but the TV will not turn…

Customer Question
Help.....The power light is on...
Help.....The power light is on and orange but the TV will not turn on????? I have unplugged it and re plugged it in over and over!!! I have also tried multiple power points???? We have only used it maybe 10 times and am very frustrated!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/25/2010
TV Technician: James, Technician replied 8 years ago
James, Technician
Hi There,

Do you have any power lights on the set ? What color is the light when the set is functioning normally ?

Do you hear a clicking from the rear of the set when you try to turn it on ?

Could you provide me with the manufacturer and model number of the set ?

The TV is a Phillips 20PFL4122/79 and the light is currently orange in the power window bottom R corner of the TV, when the pwer comes on the light is supposed to go blue.....there was no clicking sound and screen is completly dead. Nothing happens when you push the remote buttons or TV buttons!!

A week ago the TV was on during the night for an hour and the next morning it tunred on for 10 seconds and then turned off???? dead ever since

Hi There,

Chances are there is a problem with the power supply board in the TV.

The only thing I would suggest is to leave it unplugged for 24hrs then try turning it on again. This has the effect of discharging all of the capacitors within the unit, and effectively soft rebooting the unit.

What to do next depends entirely on whether you want to try and fix it at home, and have a good multimeter and are comfortable with soldering. If you are then let me know and I'll tell you what to look for. Otherwise you'd be best off taking it to a local electronics repair shop.

Typically the some of the capacitors on the board can go faulty.

Alternatively, if you have had it for less than a year, take it back to the place you bought it from and have them deal with it.

Hope this helps