TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Hitachi Director Series Plasma 55 inch TV, about 4…

Customer Question
I have a Hitachi Director...
I have a Hitachi Director Series Plasma 55 inch TV, about 4 years old. I turned it on last night, and all I get on the screen is a pink/purplish waterfall effect where I can kind of see the movement of the people on the TV show behind the waterfall effect. Looks the same if i switch the system over to DVD or to Play Station. What do you think the problem is, and is it fixable? It is connected to an Onkyo receiver that also has DVD, Play Station, Wii, Ipod, and a music receiver hooked to it.Thank you, JON
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/25/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-If you press the menu button on the tv itself, does the menu appear normal or is it affected by this problem as well?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

The menu appears on the screen fine when the menu button is pushed. The pink waterfall still appears in the background however.

Thanks!

Ok what happens if we bypass the ONKYO and hook something straight to the tv. Does the picture look good?

Tim

Hi Tim,

OK, so I hooked a digital video camcorder into the side input jacks on the Hitachi, and the screen is OK, it basically becomes an extension of the camera. I then switched back to the TV and in both cable mode, dvd mode, and games mode, I get the pink waterfall effect. What should I do next? Thx, JON