TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

On our new WD-65737 we have sound but no picture. We get the…

Customer Question
On our new WD-65737 we...
On our new WD-65737 we have sound but no picture. We get the welcome screen for awhile, but then that goes off too. What are we doing wrong.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/25/2010
TV Technician: TV Tech1, Technician replied 8 years ago
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician

When your Welcome screen disappears on you, check to see if the Volume bar or the TV's menu appears -- that is key to knowing if the Non-picture problem is caused by the TV set, or possibly a cable or cable box....

Now, if you get a black picture, do you happen to hear the TV turn off??

If so, do you see the Status on the front of your TV set stay lit or blink?

If so, tell me if it blinks or not..

Mitsubishi has two ways to find out what may be failing in the TV set -- The Status light up front, or for more detail the Fail Code system.

You have the V41 Chassis

graphic

If you let me know what fail code you get, I can look up the answer you need in the manual.

Edited by TV Tech1 on 6/25/2010 at 2:03 AM EST