TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have Mitsubishi model WD62541 that would not comne back after…

Customer Question
I have Mitsubishi model WD62528...
I have Mitsubishi model WD62528 that would not comne back after being of for a few days while we were on vacation. Initial turn on resulted in something called net command setup screen which I canceled at each step. TV turned off and does not want to come back on. Did not respond to remote nor front panel controls.

Unplugged TV from outlet for 30 min and plugged back in. Would respond to front panel power button; a short burts of white noise, black screen, then blue screen, and then shut off. Could turn back on if reset button pressed, gren LED flashes rapidly for approx 1 min then goes out. TV then responds to power button with same response as desrcribed above.

Have learned that we had some rather severe storms over past few days. These same storms screwed my computers but got them back on line.

TV is still under an extended warranty until DEC 2010. Should I just call them at this point or is their is something more I can try first? It takes 1-2 weeks to get a repairman this area.

I used to run my own TV shop but that was back in the days of Vacuum tubes so I can go a little further than the average bear.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/24/2010
TV Technician: Frank the tv man, Technician replied 8 years ago
Frank the tv man
Frank the tv man, Technician
IF THE TV IS UNDER WARRANTY IT IS TIME TO CALL FOR SERVICE. IT SOUNDS LIKE MAYBE THE MAIN MICRO WAS HIT WITH A SURGE.

You do not think that this a net command program code error?

It acted this way last month when they replaced the color engine and the tech called someone that walked him through a procedure that got it back on. They replased the entire front-end module before it was even 1 year old.

This TV has been a nightmare since DEC 05. I bought the extended warranty (something that I do not normally do) so I have until Dec 10 to call in the troops.

Just thought that someone might know about the Mitsubishi net command program code. The TV and the home theatre are all on surge protectors and UPS back up the same as thje computers. All I had to do on them was to reset the router code and re-establish my net work.

Any additional thoughts?? I taught radio repair in the militray and solid state TV repair for Motorola on their old Quasar.

Thanks for your thoughts.