TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

i have a new lg 47sl90 when im watching a movie and it goes…

Customer Question
i have a new lg...
i have a new lg 47sl90 when im watching a movie and it goes into a dark scene the will get even darker like it is going into power saving mode even though the power save option is turned off. i have tried making the picture brighter to compensate for how dark it gets but it still gets just as dark when this kind of scene comes on the screen.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/25/2010
TV Technician: James, Technician replied 8 years ago
James, Technician
Hi There,

Which picture mode do you have the unit set to ?

You should be able to see which picture mode you are using on the Picture Settings menu.

yes i can see what picture mode it is in. I have it set on vivid only cause it is the only way to see the screen. if i have it set in any other mode you can barely see the screen cause it is so dark.. i recently did a custom setting and made it very bright so i could see what would happen. And when it went into a scene when it was very dark it went into the same power saving mode. Now im sorry i keep saying power saving but thats the only way i can explain what is happening even though it is not on,
Relist: No answer yet.