TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

60 plasme LG 60PC1D. No video, no menu, no light on the screen.

60" plasme LG 60PC1D. No...
60" plasme LG 60PC1D. No video, no menu, no light on the screen. Bad cap on Z SUS board. Replaced 100v-150mf, and a few others that were weak. I can not find any other bad components - everything seems to test good. Same with Ysus board - everything seems to test good. All the voltages seem to be there, and so power supply seems good. Set powers on and I can hear static for the audio - no input signal applied.
Any sugestions?
6/25/2010
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What cap on the z was bad? was it physically damaged?

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Replaced C3 & C6, both 100v-150mf on the ZSUS bd. C3 was bulged on top, and the rubber bursting out on the bottom. C6 measured good out of circuit with Sencore LC102 meter.Looked like they should be replaced in pairs. Replaced with 100v - 220mf. Did not have the 150mf, but looks like a filter for the VA line from YSUS bd. so 220mf should work. ?? The VA measures around 60VDC.

Manufacture date: Nov. 2006. This is used as a promotional display in a casino, so it is on 24/7/365. I had to repair the power supply about 6 months ago, but it seems OK still.

Thanks - Andrew.

Andrew,

The z is very common in your model to do this, but the bad thing is that you are at replacement point rather than repair. Most likely one of those large amps under the heat sinks are causing your problem. We have been unable to find these components at all, they are just not supplied. The part number you need is 6871QZH060B cheapest place I have found this is http://www.shopjimmy.com/

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

If I replace the Z will I then have problems with the Y? Is it best to replace both?

On very rare occasions do I have a problem with both, I would say about 95% of the time just replacing the z fixes this set, I never replace both.

Tim

Edited by Expert TV on 6/25/2010 at 7:24 PM EST
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Thank you!

No problem let us know if you need anything in the future!

Tim

I purchased the Z sus from shopJimmy. Put it in today (Thurs) and still have no video. I noticed that the res R10 ( 10 ohm)on the Z is very hot very fast. The same res on old board looks like it ran hot also, but still measures 10 ohm's.