TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

i HAVE A SET MODEL NUMBER f27442. iT DISPLAYS gUIDE pLUS GOLD…

Customer Question
i HAVE A SET...
i HAVE A SET MODEL NUMBER f27442. iT DISPLAYS gUIDE pLUS GOLD CHANNEL SELECTOR. hOW CAN i DELETE THIS IREM?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/25/2010
TV Technician: Flatpanel Guru, Lead Technician HD replied 8 years ago
Flatpanel Guru
Flatpanel Guru, Lead Technician HD

Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is John,

That is a fun problem and in some cases it may not be able to be disabled, since it has to receive a pulse from an analog signal that since the change over no longer is broadcast.

But do not Fret just yet, there is a trick that worked on many model but not all, it worked on mine but not one of the other techs i work with.

Go into the setup and start the configuration for guide plus when you get to the point of entering your zip code input 00000, this was added to the set as a disable code on some later models when the issues was discovered on set that were connected to satellite, Rca came up with this as a back door of disabling it what your actually doing is telling the set to get ready for a eeprom reset and it turns off the guide plus to ready for data, but since the data never comes the guide stays disabled, it can be re-enabled by just changing the Zip code, as i said it does not always work but it does worked 90% of the time.

Let me know hope this helps,

Thanks,

If you have any questions please just ask.

Edited by Flatpanel Guru on 6/25/2010 at 3:31 AM EST

Thanks for viewing my answer.

Did this answer your question, or resolve your issue, if not please just let me know i will do my best to find you another answer.

Thanks in advance,