TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an approx. 4 yo Samsung TV. Model HLR6768WX/XAA Version…

Customer Question
I have an approx. 4...
I have an approx. 4 yo Samsung TV. Model HLR6768WX/XAA Version PZ01. The lamp and color wheel were replaced in Oct. 2009.

Currently, there is no picture on the television. The following indicator lights are blinking (green) Timer Lamp , and (red) Standby/Temp

Do you need any further information?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/24/2010
TV Technician: Frank the tv man, Technician replied 8 years ago
Frank the tv man
Frank the tv man, Technician
ALL 3 LED'S BLINKING ON THE FRONT IS A LAMP ERROR BUT COULD BE SEVERAL OTHER DIFFERENT PROBLEMS -LAMP, BALLAST, DMD PCB, OR THE POWER SUPPLY THE FIRST CHECK I WOULD MAKE IS TO SEE IF THE BALLAST IS GETTING 300V. TO DO THAT TAKE A METER AND PLACE THE LEADS INTO THE BALLAST CONNECTOR COMING FROM THE POWER SUPPLY. IT IS A BLUE AND WHITE WIRE PLACE THE RED AND BLACK LEADS IN EACH SIDE OF THE CONNECTOR. IF YOU DONT HAVE 300V IT IS PROBABLY YOUR POWER SUPPLY. IF YOU ARE GETTING 300V YOU COULD HAVE A FAULTY BALLAST OR DMD PCB. IT COULD ALSO BE THE LAMP EVEN THOUGH IT WAS REPLACED LAST YEAR IN THE END THE LAMP IS JUST A LIGHT BULB. IF YOU CONFIDENT IT IS NOT THE LAMP I WOULD START BY CHANGING THE BALLAST IF YOU HAVE 300V SINCE IT IS THE LEAST EXENSIVE. ALSO CHECK TO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY SWOLLEN OR LEAKY CAPS ON THE BALLAST OR POWER SUPPLY. THIS IS A COMMON PROBLEM WITH TV'S THAT ARE 3 OR 4 YEARS OLD.
Frank the tv man
Frank the tv man, Technician
I will try your suggestions later today when I have a moment to take it on. May I contact you again if I am still having difficulty?
YES YOU CAN CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED HELP!