TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

when i turn the tv on picture comes on for a few seconds then…

Customer Question
when i turn the tv...
when i turn the tv on picture comes on for a few seconds then goes off. Still have sound red light blinks with a 4 blink pattern. Just replaced lamp.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/23/2010
TV Technician: Frank the tv man, Technician replied 8 years ago
Frank the tv man
Frank the tv man, Technician
You have a bad lamp fan. It is relatively easy to replace and something you could probably do yourself if you have any mechanical ability. The part number is 8-835-860-11
You can buy the part on Ebay factory sealed or Best Buy.Com has it also. To change the lamp fan you need to remove the rear cover. The lamp fan sets to the left of the TV as you are looking at the back and there is a metal shield over it. Take the 2 screws off the shield and the fan should come out. There are 4 grommets on each side holding the fan on.

If i answered all your questions please accept my answer and give me positive feedback.