TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our Samsung DLP (5yr old). is not showing a picture. When truned…

Customer Question
Our Samsung DLP (5yr old)...
Our Samsung DLP (5yr old). is not showing a picture. When truned on, the TV make the normal warm up sound, the sound (tv show) comes out, but soon it seems to shut itself off and start again, repeatedly. No picture. Under the screen, is a circle that shows thre functions, Timer, Lamp, and Temp. The Lamp light blinks, and even the Timer did too, the Temp as well. Suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/23/2010
TV Technician: TVGURU, Technician replied 8 years ago
TVGURU
TVGURU, Technician
Hi there and thank you for using Just Answer. If you have not replaced your bulb in 2 years than you more than likely have a bad lamp. I would start with a bulb replacement since you are long over do. It's very easy to do. Always wear rubber gloves when handling the new bulb. Bulbs can be bought at many places online but I prefer www.partstore.com. Also, could be a bad color wheel but those typically generate a buzz saw noise when they go bad. If you have any questions feel free to ask but this subject is easy to find videos on YouTube. Please click the green accept button below and consider leaving positive feedback. Thank you. Michael.
Hi there, thank you for reviewing my answer I provided. If you have any further questions related to this topic please let me know. Otherwise, kindly click the green accept button below so I may receive credit for answering your question. We as experts work very hard to provide accurate, and expeditious service. I greatly appreciate your business. Thank you. Michael