TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have direct tv and this morning it went off the air and…

Customer Question
We have direct tv and...
We have direct tv and this morning it went off the air and I had to reboot our boxes---the tv(sony) in the bedroom is fine, but now our 50 inch vizio in living room will not turn on. The box appears to be working, but I can't get tv to turn on, light flashes then stays yellow. HELP. Gretchen Murdock,[email protected] Phone XXX-XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/22/2010
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Thanks for using Just Answers, I can help you today but need to know the exact model number of the Tv. Please reply back here.

Mike, It is a P50HDM, 100-240V-5.2A, 50/60HZ. Manufactured October 2005.

Since my first report to you guys, I tried completely unplugging it and replugging (booting??) and the green/on light came on. Still could not get it to recognize the "input" command or get a picture. Turned it off with remote and tried to turn it back on---Will not turn back on with the remote---I have not tried the unplug/reboot method again-----

Mike, please cancel your quest for our problem----I have a repairman coming tomorrow. Says vizio's have power board issues and can fix it----Please charge 9.00 for your efforts. Gretchen Murdock e63d2kp