TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I currently own a 52 Toshiba DLP TV, recently the picture…

Customer Question
I currently own a 52"...
I currently own a 52" Toshiba DLP TV, recently the picture seems to have lost an aspect of it color. The quality now looks more like a film negative than a true picture.
Any thoughts what would cause that?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/22/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Hi Tim

Model number is XXXXX

I purchased the tv in early 2006

I tried my Wii system on it and it was the same color distortion.

Also, the tv was turned on yesterday morning an dthe colors were ok but it soon went back to the distortion.

Thank you for your help

Tim

If you press the menu button on the tv itself, does the menu show clear or does it look weird as well?

Tim

Hi Tim

The color is still weird when I press the menu button

Thanks

Hi Tim

I am curious if you have been able to consider what my issue would be with the television?

Thank you