TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

my tv is switch on and off by itself and the red light for…

Customer Question
my tv is switch on...
my tv is switch on and off by itself and the red light for power is flickering
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/22/2010
TV Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 8 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
Does the tv come on w picture?
yes
take the batteries out of your remote
see if the problem stops
i alredy took off the batteries and it still did the same thing
so with the batteries OUT of the remote
the tv is turning on and off and the power light is blinking
but the tv turns on with a picture then turns off and back on and repeats?

what is the modeol number?
model no tp50h60
Can you change channels?
does the sound go out with the pix?
everything goes out as if you are swithing off the tv and it keeps up flickering
This is strange
I dont see anything llike this prob anywhere

Thie picture is good when it comes on?
yes .

since 30 mins now we are talking the red light was flickering and the tv didinot switch on again
i have just unplug anthing again and left it unplugged now
This is a 3 crt rear projection
the most common failure is a shorted conv drive IC

I dont know if that is what you got
but
it would require hands on troubleshooting to go further
do you have a DVM ?
and electronics repair expereince>?
otherwise you want to refer service to a servicer
it will run around 300.00 -400.00 if the ic's are bad or if the crt is bad even more