TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Vizio stays on for about 10 minutes then shuts off. Whats…

Customer Question
My Vizio stays on for...
My Vizio stays on for about 10 minutes then shuts off. What's wrong?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/22/2010
TV Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 8 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello JA Customer
I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old
With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business
Likley a power supply issue
]is this a plasma or lcd?
It is an lcd.
you have a power supply issue
you probably have bad capacitors If you see any that look like this
if you do you can replace them
otherwise you will need a power board
but lets look first these are easy to see
graphic

Edited by Anthony's TV on 6/23/2010 at 4:25 AM EST
I have the back of the TV off and have opened both boxes. I see many capacitors but none that exactly match the ones in the picture. What next?
They dont have to match the ones in the picture look at the tops are they flat?
or puffy like in the picture?
There are about 100 different capacitors on the two main boards. I have not idea which ones you are talking about. Which board, and where on the board? How would I get them off, aren't they sodered in?
Yes they are soldered in
I just asked you to visually look at them
do any of them have puffy tops?